Continuous Evaluation and Monitoring
Audit Purposes and Objectives
Our media measurement services involve communication auditing, continuous evaluation and monitoring.
We would begin by asking:
- Where would we like to be?
- The communication audit is essentially to evaluate our client’s environment (Research) for proper understanding of the client’s circumstances in order to develop strategies to accomplish the client’s objectives.
- We uncover possible public perception hurdles that our clients are or will be facing and proffer solution on how to overcome such.
- We use continuous evaluation and monitoring to measure public perception in order to generate effective Integrated Corporate Communications models and make recommendations on other or additional models that will achieve the desired favourable media perception.
“For Communication Audit is not just about measurement, it is also about improving the Integrated Communications Strategy.”
We follow up on our strategies to find out outcomes of the various tactics deployed. Media analysis can tell you whether you have "transmitted" your messages but only complete communications audit can tell you whether they have been successfully received. We have excellent ways of monitoring the press for trend and content analysis of reports, news, advertisement etc on our clients and their competitors to be sure that the tactics are in line with our overall communications strategy and positively serve the interest of our clients.
Our Communications provide answers to questions such as:
- Are the intended audiences responding to the messages the way you want?
- Are your messages getting across?
- Do you need to adjust your targeting?
- What is the impact of the messages on your image?
- Are the messages correcting negative impressions and creating positive perceptions?
- Which journalist understands what you are doing and which do not?
A variety of sources are available to supply this information including:
- Press and Journalists Tracking
- Enquiries and Feedback Received
- Direct Response Mechanisms
We adopt direct interviews, conduct questionnaires and quantitative study of the focus group (the media, through tracking of past and present coverages, by collating and studying past and present reactions from contributors, other stakeholders and institutions. Experience shows that public opinion almost always follows media opinion. By conducting media content analysis, it is possible to understand the existing positioning in terms of public perception.
Analysis and Reporting
We use data that focuses on the impact that our strategy is having and has had on target audiences. Our measurement criteria are always fully tailored to a client's brief, these normally include:
- Volume and Favourablility of Coverage
- Key Publications and Journalists Tracking
- Adequate Intelligence on Public Perceptions and Reactions
- Reach and Frequency of Coverage Versus Tightly Defined Core Target Audiences
- Concise Summary of Entire Report
- Full Qualitative Analysis in Easy to Understand Explanatory Text